The ESCAS Graduate School of Environmental Conservation and Sustainability is an initiative at IPÊ to train professionals capable of developing, implementing and replicating projects in the socioenvironmental arena. With ESCAS, IPÊ develops an important part of its institutional mission, which is to share knowledge for biodiversity conservation in an innovative way.
The alignment of theory and practice, its focus on multidisciplinarity and the excellence of its faculty, made up socioenvironmental professionals active in both academia and the market, are what set ESCAS apart. The school offers courses that seek to supply the needs of those in contact with the socioenvironmental field for the first time and for professionals that wish to review or seek specialization in a given area.
Headquartered in Nazaré Paulista, together with IPÊ, ESCAS offers more than 30 options between its short courses, MBA in Socioenvironmental Business Management and the Professional Masters in Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Development. Each year, ESCAS trains more than 500 people from Brazil and abroad. Its courses are offered at the headquarters at both IPÊ and partner organizations, as well as in company.
ESCAS rents its campus for third-party meetings and small gatherings.
We are located on km 47 of the Dom Pedro I motorway, in rural Nazaré Paulista. The site is near Sao Paulo, Campinas and São José dos Campos and about 60 km from Guarulhos International Airport and 130 km from Viracopos Airport (Campinas).
Our structure includes:
- A comfortable setting, with beautiful views of the Atibainha Reservoir;
- Team of skilled staff and local residents;
- Meeting room with tables and chairs for up to 28 people or just chairs for 60 people;
- Accommodation for up to 28 people;
- Restaurant with indoor/outdoor spaces and capacity for 40 persons;
- Comfortable lounge with TV and fireplace.
The meeting room and lounge also serve as informal spaces and can be equipped with audiovisual equipment. IPE has dedicated phone lines and wireless broadband internet access.
Our courses are scheduled throughout the year. Thus, to guarantee a reservation, we suggest you contact us well in advance.
Proceeds from these events contribute directly to fulfilling our institutional mission.
If your institution or organization is interested in renting our campus for courses, lectures, forums, etc. please contact the team at ESCAS ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Smithsonian Institution
- WWF-Brasil Instituto Internacional de Educação do Brasil - IEB United States Agency for Internacional Development (USAID)
- Russel E. Train EFN Program Zoo Conservation Outreach Group (ZCOG), Estados Unidos
- Whitley Foundation
- Chicago Board of Trade Endangered Species Fund – Chicago Zoological Society (CZS)
- Instituto Arapyaú
Short Courses Coordinator
Administrative and financial coordinator
Ivete de Paula
Luis Gustavo Hartwig Quelu
Projects development assistant